De Boer’s in seventh heaven at Farnborough
5 August 2008Farnborough International Airshow by supplying structures to the world-famous gathering for the seventh consecutive occasion.
100,000 square metres of temporary structures
The group, which has provided this year’s event with nearly 100,000 square metres of temporary accommodation, first began its association with the biennial airshow in 1996.
And the successful working relationship is set to continue further, with De Boer already contracted to provide temporary exhibition and hospitality facilities in 2010 and 2012.
The airshow marks the group’s largest single assignment in Europe. However, its activities extend well beyond Farnborough and the aviation sector. Its contracts involve the supply of structures for everything from sporting hospitality and film premieres to political meetings and temporary warehousing.
Wide range of contracts
Recent assignments have ranged from the Chelsea Flower Show to the Euro 2008 football finals and from the Le Mans 24-hour race to a succession of stunning summer parties.
In recent years De Boer’s extremely varied work has included the supply of structures for a succession of large-scale exhibitions and conferences, for corporate hospitality at major sporting occasions and for countless high-profile product launches. Meanwhile, the company continues to supply to a great number of smaller-scale events including weddings, carnivals and local fairs.
Temporary baggage facilities
The company has also demonstrated a growing role within the commercial sector, with contracts that have included the supply of temporary baggage handling facilities to a number of major airports including Qatar’s Doha, Amsterdam’s Schiphol and the UK’s Cardiff International.
Established in the 1920s
The group began life in the mid-1920s when Dutch grocer Klaas de Boer struck upon the idea of erecting a simple canvas shelter to keep the rain off visitors to a mobile café at an outdoor event in Holland. He later bought a circus tent from bankruptcy stock and began renting it out.
World's leading structure company
From those humble beginnings De Boer has grown into the world’s leading structure company, with offices in countries that include Holland, the UK, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Spain, France, Switzerland and Sweden. Through strategic alliances it is also active in the USA.
Structures offered to clients come in all shapes and sizes, with more than 80 different types available for hire. De Boer has also provided semi-permanent solutions, for example through the creation of temporary warehousing and short-term retail and food production operations. It can also provide structures at short notice anywhere in Europe, which means the group plays a key role in emergency relief projects.
Each year De Boer’s innovative designers come up with new and dynamic styles to shape and mould the industry. Recent innovations have seen the introduction of the futuristic, circular Panorama structure and the arch-roofed Emperor double-decker, both of which are back at Farnborough this year following successful debuts during the 2006 airshow.
- De Boer verlengt contract KNHB tot en met 2016
- „Wir sind De Boer“
- De Boer provides New College Oxford with a temporary dining hall
- De Boer España presente en el BCN FAN FEST de la FORMULA 1
- De Boer Spain brings BCN FAN FEST to FORMULA 1
- De Boer bygger Bauma I Munchen
- De Boer’s high-speed emergency response to Lytchett Minster's devastating fire
- De Boer team don decorated bras for marathon Moonwalk charity challenge
- Las estructuras De Boer juegan un papel importante en Los Juegos Olímpicos de Londres 2012
- De Boer Spain will participate in the Open Banc Sabadell-Trofeo Conde de Godo for the fifth time
- Quinto año de participación de De Boer España en el Open Banc Sabadell –Trofeo Conde de Godó
- Mobile Messeflächen für die bauma 2013
- Tijdelijke beursruimte voor de Bauma 2013, de grootste beurs ter wereld
- De Boer bouwt Bloesemlounge
- De Boer en TT Assen gaan nieuwe verbintenis aan
- De Boer realiseert uitstekende resultaten in 2012
- Aquiris huldigt zonnedak in onder acropolis van De Boer
- Belangrijke rol voor tijdelijke infrastructuur van De Boer
- De Boer toont innovaties tijdens KLM Open