De Boer’s in seventh heaven at Farnborough
5 August 2008Farnborough International Airshow by supplying structures to the world-famous gathering for the seventh consecutive occasion.
100,000 square metres of temporary structures
The group, which has provided this year’s event with nearly 100,000 square metres of temporary accommodation, first began its association with the biennial airshow in 1996.
And the successful working relationship is set to continue further, with De Boer already contracted to provide temporary exhibition and hospitality facilities in 2010 and 2012.
The airshow marks the group’s largest single assignment in Europe. However, its activities extend well beyond Farnborough and the aviation sector. Its contracts involve the supply of structures for everything from sporting hospitality and film premieres to political meetings and temporary warehousing.
Wide range of contracts
Recent assignments have ranged from the Chelsea Flower Show to the Euro 2008 football finals and from the Le Mans 24-hour race to a succession of stunning summer parties.
In recent years De Boer’s extremely varied work has included the supply of structures for a succession of large-scale exhibitions and conferences, for corporate hospitality at major sporting occasions and for countless high-profile product launches. Meanwhile, the company continues to supply to a great number of smaller-scale events including weddings, carnivals and local fairs.
Temporary baggage facilities
The company has also demonstrated a growing role within the commercial sector, with contracts that have included the supply of temporary baggage handling facilities to a number of major airports including Qatar’s Doha, Amsterdam’s Schiphol and the UK’s Cardiff International.
Established in the 1920s
The group began life in the mid-1920s when Dutch grocer Klaas de Boer struck upon the idea of erecting a simple canvas shelter to keep the rain off visitors to a mobile café at an outdoor event in Holland. He later bought a circus tent from bankruptcy stock and began renting it out.
World's leading structure company
From those humble beginnings De Boer has grown into the world’s leading structure company, with offices in countries that include Holland, the UK, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Spain, France, Switzerland and Sweden. Through strategic alliances it is also active in the USA.
Structures offered to clients come in all shapes and sizes, with more than 80 different types available for hire. De Boer has also provided semi-permanent solutions, for example through the creation of temporary warehousing and short-term retail and food production operations. It can also provide structures at short notice anywhere in Europe, which means the group plays a key role in emergency relief projects.
Each year De Boer’s innovative designers come up with new and dynamic styles to shape and mould the industry. Recent innovations have seen the introduction of the futuristic, circular Panorama structure and the arch-roofed Emperor double-decker, both of which are back at Farnborough this year following successful debuts during the 2006 airshow.
- De Boer verzorgt het 35ste ISICEM-Congres
- Minus 20 degrees - but the show must go on!
- Geen Carnaval zonder De Boer
- Lugnet före helgens tävlingar!
- Amsterdam RAI en De Boer verlengen samenwerking
- Amsterdam RAI en De Boer Structures verlengen samenwerking
- Mobile Trainingsinfrastruktur für den HSV
- Aufbruchstimmung in Dortmund
- Best of Events 2015
- Skid-VM 2015 i Falun
- In Getxo tradition and culture come together in De Boer Structure
- De Boer España, colaborando con la cultura y la tradición en las ferias de Getxo
- All Aboard for the Railway Children
- New kit for Brackley Athletic Under 8s in memory of Mark Croxford
- De Boer is back in Alicante at the 12th edition of the Volvo Ocean Race
- De Boer regresa a Alicante en la 12ª edición de la Volvo Ocean Race
- De Boer España muestra su potencial en el Salón Náutico Internacional
- De Boer Spain shows its potential in the Barcelona International Boat Show
- Beleef een magisch eindejaar met De Boer!