Premiers, Panoramas, Presidents and Pyramids – Farnborough is here again!
23 July 2010Farnborough International Airshow – and this year has seen the company providing its greatest-ever range of products to the event.
Farnborough International Airshow
The biennial assignment has involved the creation of a huge temporary exhibition venue with total floorspace in excess of 90,000 square metres. Thousands of tonnes of equipment have been transported to the famous airport in Hampshire by De Boer, from its UK headquarters in Northamptonshire as well as other bases across Europe.
The 2010 gathering has marked the UK debut of the Premier, the latest dazzling addition to De Boer’s huge portfolio. No fewer than four of the highly versatile structures are in use as hospitality facilities during airshow week.
The new double-decker product offers outstanding flexibility for users, with the ability to add modular sections up to a total width of 20 metres and a potentially unlimited length. Other innovative features include the option of placing a range of De Boer’s other structures on top of the Premier – offering an unprecedented choice of configurations for users.
Vast array of structures
However, the latest arrival is one of more than a dozen different product ranges being used by De Boer at Farnborough. From A-frames to Chalets, Jumbos to Pyramids, Walkways to Acropolis structures, De Boer has transformed the historic location since moving on site in early March.
A range of the company’s highly popular double-decker products, including the President structure and the Delta by De Boer, have made a return appearance at Farnborough – as have the futuristic Panorama Dome and the stunning, arch-roofed Emperor.
Showcase of products
John Cochrane, De Boer’s Sales Director – Events, said: “As well as being a huge logistical challenge, involving a build process lasting nearly 20 weeks, the Farnborough International Airshow provides a tremendous showcase for De Boer’s products. Over recent years many innovative new structures have made their UK debut at the event, indicating the huge significance of Farnborough to the company.”
Europe’s largest temporary exhibition venue
The airshow assignment has involved teams of up to 45 De Boer personnel working each day to create Europe’s largest temporary exhibition venue. The 90,000 square metres of accommodation offers floor space equivalent to 460 tennis courts.
De Boer has erected four mighty exhibition halls, which have become temporary home to leading aviation and aerospace companies from across the globe, as well as around a kilometre of hospitality chalets, which will play a key role in the multi-billion-pound deals expected to be signed during the 2010 event.
Wide range of facilities
As well as exhibition halls and hospitality facilities, the company’s temporary accommodation is being put to a vast range of uses including as business suites, offices, media centre, merchandising facilities, public dining halls and family areas.
Iconic aviation event
Farnborough International Airshow is one of the world's most iconic aviation events. The first five days of the show are traditionally trade days only, followed by a weekend where the exhibition is opened to the public. FIA 2008 was a record-breaking year for business with US$88.7 billion worth of orders announced during the show which also featured 165 aircraft in static displays and spectacular flying displays. The public weekend attracted a staggering 153,000 visitors.
- De Boer collaborates with Rolls Royce, Getty Images and Wormsley Cricket Ground for photographic exhibition
- De Boer provides structures for Ladies European Masters
- De Boer provides structure for floral marquee at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer UK completes build of Keith Prowse’s Gatsby Club at The Championships, Wimbledon
- De Boer UK welcomes new commercial sales manager
- De Boer prepares to tee off at Gleneagles
- De Boer begins build on their 10th Farnborough International Airshow
- De Boer Great Pavilion at RHS Chelsea Flower Show Infographic
- De Boer goes pink for The MoonWalk London
- De Boer provides central structure for RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- De Boer claims 'Recycling On Ice' title
- De Boer supports Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala as Prince William takes centre stage
- De Boer delivers for 40th anniversary of leading oil industry exhibition
- De Boer hits a high note at The National Eisteddfod of Wales
- De Boer back in action as London celebrates Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games
- De Boer Structures tees off at top UK golf events
- De Boer zooms into the fast lane with a hot new Citroën at Goodwood Festival of Speed
- De Boer Structures hits all the right notes at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park