De Boer supplies temporary showrooms at Goodwood
4 August 2010Goodwood Festival of Speed as it supplied temporary showrooms for some of the world’s leading motor manufacturers.
Alu Hall marks anniversary
The structure specialist provided services to five exhibitors at the event, including main sponsor Alfa Romeo, together with Lotus, Audi, Citroën and Peugeot. De Boer erected an Alu Hall measuring 20 metres by 25 metres for Italian car maker Alfa Romeo which celebrates its 100th anniversary this year.
Distinctive exhibition stand
The distinctive exhibition stand was covered in bespoke red panels to reflect the company’s corporate colour. As well as the centenary celebrations, the Festival of Speed marked the public debut of the hotly anticipated new Alfa Giulietta alongside an Alfa 8C Spider.
Services include flooring and cladding
The De Boer team, who were on site for six weeks prior to the show starting, provided last year’s main sponsor Audi with a scaffolding sub-base for its showroom covering 2,700 square metres. As part of the project, Brackley-based De Boer installed flooring, decking tiles, hand-rails, staircases, entrance ramps and cladding before it was handed over to Audi.
The German car manufacturer wowed crowds with their first glimpse of the forthcoming R8 GT supercar, of which only 33 will be coming to the UK, the new A1, the A8 L and the RS 5 coupe.
Structures for main sponsor
De Boer Sales Manager David Tunnicliffe said: “The Goodwood Festival of Speed is one of the key highlights in the motoring world and we were privileged to have supplied structures to the main sponsor for the second year running.
Innovative design concepts
“Goodwood House provides a picturesque backdrop to the event. However, its sloping grounds can be challenging. We work very closely with the clients to provide them with innovative design concepts whilst also taking into consideration the detailed level of planning involved to overcome the undulating land.”
Delta offers unique facade
Measuring 20 metres by 25 metres, De Boer’s Delta structure was transformed into a stunning temporary showroom for Lotus displaying a range of cars including the new concept Evora Hybrid, the 2011 Elise and the classic Formula 1 Type 49. The Delta roof provided a unique façade with a cantilevered 5m canopy.
De Boer provided a scaffold sub-base for both Citroën and Peugeot. The eagerly awaited DS3 Racing was the main attraction on the Citroën stand as well as the all-electric Survolt supercar and C4 WRC racing car.
Peugeot celebrated 200 years as a brand with origins dating back to steel goods, with iconic cars from the past and unveiled its new SR1 sports roadster, Hybrid 3 Evolution and the all-electric iOn at the stand.
The show took place in the grounds of Goodwood House with this year’s theme, ‘Viva Veloce! – The Passion for Speed’, celebrating Italy’s influence with motorsport and the impact the country has had in the world of sport.
- De Boer claims 'Recycling On Ice' title
- De Boer supports Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala as Prince William takes centre stage
- De Boer delivers for 40th anniversary of leading oil industry exhibition
- De Boer hits a high note at The National Eisteddfod of Wales
- De Boer back in action as London celebrates Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games
- De Boer Structures tees off at top UK golf events
- De Boer zooms into the fast lane with a hot new Citroën at Goodwood Festival of Speed
- De Boer Structures hits all the right notes at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park
- De Boer hits a high note with stunning country house opera auditorium
- De Boer’s cool Floral Marquee blossoms at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer creates stunning venue for charity dinner headlined by Gary Barlow
- De Boer serves up an ace at Wimbledon with Detail’s new-look Gatsby Club
- De Boer Creates RHS Chelsea Flower Show’s Centenary ‘Great Pavilion’
- De Boer provides New College Oxford with a temporary dining hall
- De Boer’s high-speed emergency response to Lytchett Minster's devastating fire
- De Boer team don decorated bras for marathon Moonwalk charity challenge