De Boer supplies facilities for Pope's historic visit
4 October 2010WRG Creative Communication co-ordinated the final leg of Pope Benedict XVI’s state visit to the UK.
Highly successful visit
Despite wet weather, a 70,000-strong crowd witnessed the highly successful visit to Cofton Park in Birmingham, which formed part of the Pope’s four-day tour.
John Cochrane, De Boer’s Sales Director – Events, said: “This was an important contract for us because the eyes of the world were on the Pope for this first-ever state visit to Britain which was televised all over the globe.”
Jumbo Halls, Alu Halls and Chalets
De Boer’s team took just eight days to install Jumbo Halls, Alu Halls and Chalets to form crew catering facilities, a medical centre and media centre plus accreditation and merchandising areas.
The extremely high-profile nature of the event meant security and logistics were a challenge for organisers, police and Vatican officials.
Pope Benedict held a mass at Cofton Park for the beatification of Cardinal John Henry Newman – the first step on the road to making Cardinal Newman a saint. A choir of over 1,000 drawn from parishes throughout the archdiocese of Birmingham sang in front of around 70,000 ticket holders as part of the service. Many thousands more people lined the route as the Pope made his way to the mass.
Rolling fields and trees
Cofton Park is 135 acres of rolling fields and trees and is next to Rednal where Cardinal Newman, a much-loved Victorian theologian, is buried. The mass at Cofton Park came on the final day of the Pope’s historic visit to the UK. It was the first beatification carried out by Pope Benedict XVI since he was elected Pope in 2005. During the service he blessed the six-foot statue of Cardinal Newman.
Environments for prestigious events
WRG Creative Communication has been responsible for creating environments for some of the world’s most prestigious events over the past two decades. Operating from offices in London, Manchester and Doha WRG’s design team’s projects included last year’s G20 economic summit of world leaders in London.
(Photo courtesy of WRG Creative Communication)
- De Boer supports Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala as Prince William takes centre stage
- De Boer delivers for 40th anniversary of leading oil industry exhibition
- De Boer hits a high note at The National Eisteddfod of Wales
- De Boer back in action as London celebrates Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games
- De Boer Structures tees off at top UK golf events
- De Boer zooms into the fast lane with a hot new Citroën at Goodwood Festival of Speed
- De Boer Structures hits all the right notes at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park
- De Boer hits a high note with stunning country house opera auditorium
- De Boer’s cool Floral Marquee blossoms at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer creates stunning venue for charity dinner headlined by Gary Barlow
- De Boer serves up an ace at Wimbledon with Detail’s new-look Gatsby Club
- De Boer Creates RHS Chelsea Flower Show’s Centenary ‘Great Pavilion’
- De Boer provides New College Oxford with a temporary dining hall
- De Boer’s high-speed emergency response to Lytchett Minster's devastating fire
- De Boer team don decorated bras for marathon Moonwalk charity challenge
- De Boer structures played a key role at London 2012 Olympics
- De Boer's salt barn saves Dudley Council thousands of pounds each year
- De Boer quickly builds temporary facility for Lytchett Minster School’s creative arts centre destroyed by fire
- New international role for De Boer UK Managing Director Peter Spruce