De Boer steps up to sporting challenge for RBS Six Nations fixtures at Twickenham
28 February 2012RBS Six Nations campaign.
Structures at Twickenham
The company – a veteran of countless high-profile sporting challenges across the world – has been hired by event management specialist Detail to erect a range of structures at Twickenham, the historic home of English rugby.
The facilities, which were erected by De Boer on the stadium’s North car park, have been transformed by Surrey-based Detail into a dazzling setting for corporate hospitality during England’s crunch home matches against old adversaries Wales and Ireland.
While the England team – captained by Harlequins flanker Chris Robshaw – have chased glory on the pitch, De Boer’s structures have played their part in another winning performance by Detail behind the scenes.
De Boer has provided three separate structures – a glass-sided Alu Vista for use as the main dining and hospitality area, together with two Alu Halls, which are providing kitchen and toilet facilities.
The Alu Vista is a high-end structure with a highly distinctive facade fitted with transparent horizontal panoramic panels. Available in widths of 15, 20 and 25 metres, the clearspan structure has become extremely popular among organisers of exclusive parties and events.
For the Twickenham assignment, the Alu Vista measures 20 metres by 40 metres and has been positioned to allow impressive views of the world-famous stadium. The bulk of the equipment used for Detail has been transported from De Boer’s UK headquarters in Brackley, Northamptonshire, with some specialist components brought in from one of its international offices, at Bree in Belgium.
Jim Mason, Managing Director of Detail, said: “The Alu-Vista was the perfect choice of structure to use for our contemporary Six Nations design. The clear horizontal windows and clean white roof linings provide the ideal backdrop for the bold graphics we have designed and installed within the River Suite hospitality structure.”
International structure supplier
Meanwhile De Boer Project Manager Barbara Lestak said: “As a leading international structure supplier De Boer has provided temporary accommodation to a vast range of sporting assignments, from the Tour de France to football’s World Cup and from the Asian Games to the World Skiing Championships. We’re delighted to be working with Detail as they create stunning hospitality facilities at the undisputed home of English rugby.”
- De Boer expands team with the appointment of new Account Executive
- De Boer builds competitors' lounge at Invictus Games
- De Boer recreates Georgian luxury for Decorex International 2014
- De Boer returns to The Ryder Cup at Gleneagles
- De Boer returns to KLM Open
- De Boer primed and ready for its 22nd PSP Southampton Boat Show
- De Boer provides structure for temporary opera house
- De Boer builds UK's largest mosque
- De Boer collaborates with Rolls Royce, Getty Images and Wormsley Cricket Ground for photographic exhibition
- De Boer provides structures for Ladies European Masters
- De Boer provides structure for floral marquee at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer UK completes build of Keith Prowse’s Gatsby Club at The Championships, Wimbledon
- De Boer UK welcomes new commercial sales manager
- De Boer prepares to tee off at Gleneagles
- De Boer begins build on their 10th Farnborough International Airshow
- De Boer Great Pavilion at RHS Chelsea Flower Show Infographic
- De Boer goes pink for The MoonWalk London
- De Boer provides central structure for RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- De Boer claims 'Recycling On Ice' title