De Boer steps up to sporting challenge for RBS Six Nations fixtures at Twickenham
28 February 2012RBS Six Nations campaign.
Structures at Twickenham
The company – a veteran of countless high-profile sporting challenges across the world – has been hired by event management specialist Detail to erect a range of structures at Twickenham, the historic home of English rugby.
The facilities, which were erected by De Boer on the stadium’s North car park, have been transformed by Surrey-based Detail into a dazzling setting for corporate hospitality during England’s crunch home matches against old adversaries Wales and Ireland.
While the England team – captained by Harlequins flanker Chris Robshaw – have chased glory on the pitch, De Boer’s structures have played their part in another winning performance by Detail behind the scenes.
De Boer has provided three separate structures – a glass-sided Alu Vista for use as the main dining and hospitality area, together with two Alu Halls, which are providing kitchen and toilet facilities.
The Alu Vista is a high-end structure with a highly distinctive facade fitted with transparent horizontal panoramic panels. Available in widths of 15, 20 and 25 metres, the clearspan structure has become extremely popular among organisers of exclusive parties and events.
For the Twickenham assignment, the Alu Vista measures 20 metres by 40 metres and has been positioned to allow impressive views of the world-famous stadium. The bulk of the equipment used for Detail has been transported from De Boer’s UK headquarters in Brackley, Northamptonshire, with some specialist components brought in from one of its international offices, at Bree in Belgium.
Jim Mason, Managing Director of Detail, said: “The Alu-Vista was the perfect choice of structure to use for our contemporary Six Nations design. The clear horizontal windows and clean white roof linings provide the ideal backdrop for the bold graphics we have designed and installed within the River Suite hospitality structure.”
International structure supplier
Meanwhile De Boer Project Manager Barbara Lestak said: “As a leading international structure supplier De Boer has provided temporary accommodation to a vast range of sporting assignments, from the Tour de France to football’s World Cup and from the Asian Games to the World Skiing Championships. We’re delighted to be working with Detail as they create stunning hospitality facilities at the undisputed home of English rugby.”
- De Boer supports Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala as Prince William takes centre stage
- De Boer delivers for 40th anniversary of leading oil industry exhibition
- De Boer hits a high note at The National Eisteddfod of Wales
- De Boer back in action as London celebrates Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games
- De Boer Structures tees off at top UK golf events
- De Boer zooms into the fast lane with a hot new Citroën at Goodwood Festival of Speed
- De Boer Structures hits all the right notes at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park
- De Boer hits a high note with stunning country house opera auditorium
- De Boer’s cool Floral Marquee blossoms at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer creates stunning venue for charity dinner headlined by Gary Barlow
- De Boer serves up an ace at Wimbledon with Detail’s new-look Gatsby Club
- De Boer Creates RHS Chelsea Flower Show’s Centenary ‘Great Pavilion’
- De Boer provides New College Oxford with a temporary dining hall
- De Boer’s high-speed emergency response to Lytchett Minster's devastating fire
- De Boer team don decorated bras for marathon Moonwalk charity challenge
- De Boer structures played a key role at London 2012 Olympics
- De Boer's salt barn saves Dudley Council thousands of pounds each year
- De Boer quickly builds temporary facility for Lytchett Minster School’s creative arts centre destroyed by fire
- New international role for De Boer UK Managing Director Peter Spruce