De Boer’s structures showcase prestigious 5,000-home development
8 July 2010
The structure specialist has provided a spectacular marketing suite at Priors Hall Park, a mammoth building project in Northamptonshire that is to lead to the creation of more than 5,000 homes, supported by new schools, shops, business units, restaurants, health facilities and parkland.
The innovative venture – the brainchild of developer BeLa Partnership and occupying a site of 1,000 acres on the eastern edge of Corby – has been billed as the UK’s second-largest development, overshadowed only by London’s Olympic venues.
De Boer’s role in the epic project has involved the supply of five interlinked Acropolis structures, which have been expertly fitted out to provide a stunning taste of what would-be residents can expect. The facility, measuring 500 square metres and due to remain on site for more than two years, offers a dazzling journey through the Priors Hall Park development – from a huge model of the proposed site to mock-ups of specific features such as kitchen and shower-room facilities.
De Boer has provided a range of add-on services, including specialist flooring, hard-panel walls, roof linings, insulation, lighting and cable distribution, while creating bespoke doors for the facility. The company has also played a role in the fit-out of the marketing suite.
De Boer Sales Manager Toby Bennett said: “Priors Hall Park promises to be one of the UK’s most remarkable development projects, attracting residents, businesses and investment on a huge scale. From eco-friendly homes and executive houses to outstanding leisure facilities plus a secondary school designed by Sir Norman Foster, the location is set to be transformed over coming years.”
Flexible and robust
He added: “De Boer’s Acropolis structures offer a striking facility that is also highly flexible, robust and extremely cost effective. Their use on site marks a dynamic evolution from the traditional concept of a sales showroom, providing the client with the specific space and layout they required – and all erected in less than a week.”
Daniel Polak, of De Boer’s client, BeLa Partnership, said: “The De Boer product really fits the bill for what we require. The striking roofline and unique design means that any visitors to the Future Centre recognise they are somewhere special and totally different. We’d like to open an invitation to all and everyone to see our structure and the wider development, and the impression it creates.”
- De Boer supports Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala as Prince William takes centre stage
- De Boer delivers for 40th anniversary of leading oil industry exhibition
- De Boer hits a high note at The National Eisteddfod of Wales
- De Boer back in action as London celebrates Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games
- De Boer Structures tees off at top UK golf events
- De Boer zooms into the fast lane with a hot new Citroën at Goodwood Festival of Speed
- De Boer Structures hits all the right notes at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park
- De Boer hits a high note with stunning country house opera auditorium
- De Boer’s cool Floral Marquee blossoms at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer creates stunning venue for charity dinner headlined by Gary Barlow
- De Boer serves up an ace at Wimbledon with Detail’s new-look Gatsby Club
- De Boer Creates RHS Chelsea Flower Show’s Centenary ‘Great Pavilion’
- De Boer provides New College Oxford with a temporary dining hall
- De Boer’s high-speed emergency response to Lytchett Minster's devastating fire
- De Boer team don decorated bras for marathon Moonwalk charity challenge
- De Boer structures played a key role at London 2012 Olympics
- De Boer's salt barn saves Dudley Council thousands of pounds each year
- De Boer quickly builds temporary facility for Lytchett Minster School’s creative arts centre destroyed by fire
- New international role for De Boer UK Managing Director Peter Spruce