De Boer’s structures rock at summer music festivals
30 June 2011
Once again the company was in the spotlight as Hyde Park in London rocked to the sounds of the best bands in the world. The Hard Rock Calling and Wireless festivals prove to be a smash hit every year and De Boer is in tune with the producers of the events, Live Nation.
Network of facilities
The temporary structures specialist was given just seven days to construct a fantastic network of facilities including two VIP areas with a mock English pub in both of them, hospitality suites, bar areas, outside decking, crew catering, the artists’ area, media centre, merchandising outlets, production office and first-aid tent.
Kate Morrison, Key Accounts Manager at De Boer, said: “Live Nation is a long-term client and we have built up an extremely good relationship with them over the years, anticipating their needs and meeting the challenges they throw at us year after year. The festivals get better and better and we are very proud to help them provide the facilities they need to make these concerts such a fabulous success.”
Meanwhile Hannah Farnham, Head of Production and Events at Live Nation, said: “De Boer has worked with us in Hyde Park for about six years now and every year the brief changes and becomes more demanding. Kate and the team at De Boer always react brilliantly to our needs and make our complicated site just a little less complicated!”
The back- to-back concerts in Hyde Park kicked off with a return visit by iconic rockers Kings of Leon on June 22 and 23. Drummer Nathan Followill took to twitter to describe the band’s final Hyde Park gig as “the best night of my life”.
Then on Friday, June 24, The Killers headlined for the first day of Hard Rock Calling as the festival celebrated its 40th anniversary. Staged for the sixth consecutive year in Hyde Park, the weekend proved to be a vintage year as Grammy-award-winning rockers Bon Jovi headlined with a three-hour set on Saturday. The following day living legend Rod Stewart took to the stage.
Premier outdoor event
Hard Rock Calling is one of the UK’s premier outdoor music events and boasts a main stage and second stage. Other bands performing at the event included The Kills, Imelda May, Kaiser Chiefs, Ray Davies, James, Adam Ant, Rumer and Train.
Kate Morrison said: “We used mainly A-frame structures and there were about eight on each side of the site. They will be left in place for the Arcade Fire concert in the park on June 30th before forming the backdrop to the Wireless Festival from 1-3 July.”
Wireless is another one of the UK’s biggest music festivals and headlining the 2011 event were global mega stars The Black Eyed Peas, dance gods The Chemical Brothers and ’90s Britpop legends Pulp.
Stunning VIP facilities
De Boer also created a stunning VIP facility earlier in June at the Isle of Wight festival which celebrated its tenth anniversary. The event has become one of the most popular in the music calendar with over 250,000 people attending.
- De Boer provides New College Oxford with a temporary dining hall
- De Boer’s high-speed emergency response to Lytchett Minster's devastating fire
- De Boer team don decorated bras for marathon Moonwalk charity challenge
- De Boer structures played a key role at London 2012 Olympics
- De Boer's salt barn saves Dudley Council thousands of pounds each year
- De Boer quickly builds temporary facility for Lytchett Minster School’s creative arts centre destroyed by fire
- New international role for De Boer UK Managing Director Peter Spruce
- De Boer's structures bloom at RHS Chelsea as company signs new deal at RHS Hampton Court
- De Boer supports Mash Media’s Event Production Show 2013
- Salt barns help to combat snow and ice
- From angling to aviation, De Boer supplies to succession of industry-leading exhibitions
- De Boer and Wicked Tents provide structures as world’s top golfers do battle
- De Boer's structure to become temporary restaurant at London Zoo
- De Boer continues its amazing boat show success
- De Boer supplies structures to Hyde Park’s spectacular concerts
- Sales manager appointments reflect De Boer’s expansion in the commercial sector
- De Boer swings into action at Senior Open Championship
- De Boer’s chalet attracts surprise VIPs at Farnborough International
- De Boer’s structures in place as Farnborough International 2012 Airshow is set for take-off