De Boer's structures excel at Ryder Cup
7 October 2010Ryder Cup contest at Celtic Manor.
As Colin Montgomerie’s European team celebrated a nail-biting 14½-13½ victory over the United States, organisers recognised a monumental effort by ground staff, European Tour officials, stewards and a host of suppliers who worked tirelessly to ensure the event was successfully completed.
Wet weather had already hampered preparations for the Ryder Cup but no-one could have anticipated the deluge of rain which fell on to the City of Newport course which led to the singles taking place on a Monday for the first time in Ryder Cup history.
John Cochrane, De Boer’s Sales Director – Events, said: “The amount of rainfall was unbelievable but I am pleased to say that our structures remained in excellent order throughout the adverse weather, and we are very proud of our work at Celtic Manor and, of course, De Boer’s long association with Ryder Cup Limited.”
Brackley-based De Boer provided a number of temporary facilities at Celtic Manor including the Double Deck Delta Champagne and Seafood Pavilion, the Ryder Cup Travel Services and International Pavilion and the Ryder Cup tented village – incorporating public catering areas, merchandising facilities, an exhibition space, information centre, bar and champagne and seafood bar.
Added Cochrane: “In addition, because of the delays in play, the tented village was far busier than anticipated with thousands of golf fans using the facilities to shelter from the rain.
De Boer plays its part
“Millions of people watching on TV could see the amazing efforts of Celtic Manor’s ground staff and stewards to get the course playable and the resort safe for the thousands of fans who attended. It was an incredible effort by all concerned. I am delighted that De Boer was part of one of the greatest sporting occasions held in the UK.”
The 2010 contest – the first time the event was held in Wales – was the fifth successive time De Boer has been appointed to supply temporary accommodation for the European leg of the world-famous Ryder Cup.
Superb effort by suppliers
Edward Kitson, Ryder Cup Match Director, said: “It was an absolutely superb effort by the hundreds of ground staff, stewards, officials and all your suppliers to respond to the severe weather conditions and ensure the event was completed successfully and safely.”
The Ryder Cup is one of many golfing tournaments to be supplied by De Boer. The structure specialist has previously provided temporary accommodation to events including the Volvo Masters, the Johnnie Walker Championship, the Solheim Cup, The Senior British Open, the KLM Open and the World Golf Championships – American Express Championship.
- De Boer claims 'Recycling On Ice' title
- De Boer supports Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala as Prince William takes centre stage
- De Boer delivers for 40th anniversary of leading oil industry exhibition
- De Boer hits a high note at The National Eisteddfod of Wales
- De Boer back in action as London celebrates Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games
- De Boer Structures tees off at top UK golf events
- De Boer zooms into the fast lane with a hot new Citroën at Goodwood Festival of Speed
- De Boer Structures hits all the right notes at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park
- De Boer hits a high note with stunning country house opera auditorium
- De Boer’s cool Floral Marquee blossoms at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer creates stunning venue for charity dinner headlined by Gary Barlow
- De Boer serves up an ace at Wimbledon with Detail’s new-look Gatsby Club
- De Boer Creates RHS Chelsea Flower Show’s Centenary ‘Great Pavilion’
- De Boer provides New College Oxford with a temporary dining hall
- De Boer’s high-speed emergency response to Lytchett Minster's devastating fire
- De Boer team don decorated bras for marathon Moonwalk charity challenge