De Boer’s Great Pavilion sparkles as the stars turn out for the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
27 May 2011RHS Chelsea Flower Show proved a must-see attraction for the great and the good.
Despite the glittering guest list, another top performer also wowed the crowds – the Great Pavilion, the mighty exhibition space created for the horticultural extravaganza each year by structure specialist De Boer.
The spectacular covered hall, offering show organiser the Royal Horticultural Society a single internal display area totalling 12,000 square metres, proved a tremendous success as it played host to floral exhibits from across the globe.
Plants on display in the Great Pavilion during the five-day show represented countries as diverse as Malaysia, Columbia, Australia, Ireland, Taiwan and Borneo.
The exhibits had to share the spotlight with a succession of royals and celebrities who headed to Chelsea. The procession was led once again by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, supported this year by other members of the royal family including the Duke of York, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Earl and Countess of Wessex and Princess Beatrice. Overseas royals included Prince Albert of Monaco.
Meanwhile the acting world was represented by stars including Hollywood favourite Gwyneth Paltrow, Dame Helen Mirren, Vanessa Redgrave, Alex Kingston and Barbara Windsor. Even boy band JLS were lured by this year’s stunning floral exhibits.
Brackley-based De Boer was supplying to the internationally famous floral show for the 12th successive year. It created the Great Pavilion once again by linking two of its large, modular Delta System structures via a specially modified A-frame structure. The vast space offered show organisers a single exhibition area equivalent in size to two football pitches.
The company’s involvement in this year’s show included the supply of a range of additional structures such as A-frames, Chalets and Pyramids, for facilities including hospitality pavilions, on-site catering and staff offices.
De Boer Key Accounts Manager Kate Morrison said: “This year’s flower show enjoyed blue skies, fantastic exhibits plus visitors from across the globe. The event has become a regular fixture in De Boer’s diary and it was fantastic to be involved in another stunning success.”
The 2011 RHS Chelsea Flower Show, staged in the grounds of Chelsea’s historic Royal Hospital, attracted tens of thousands of visitors from across the globe. The gathering featured spectacular show gardens as well as a host of smaller gardens and around 100 of the world’s best growers and nurseries.
- De Boer claims 'Recycling On Ice' title
- De Boer supports Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala as Prince William takes centre stage
- De Boer delivers for 40th anniversary of leading oil industry exhibition
- De Boer hits a high note at The National Eisteddfod of Wales
- De Boer back in action as London celebrates Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games
- De Boer Structures tees off at top UK golf events
- De Boer zooms into the fast lane with a hot new Citroën at Goodwood Festival of Speed
- De Boer Structures hits all the right notes at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park
- De Boer hits a high note with stunning country house opera auditorium
- De Boer’s cool Floral Marquee blossoms at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer creates stunning venue for charity dinner headlined by Gary Barlow
- De Boer serves up an ace at Wimbledon with Detail’s new-look Gatsby Club
- De Boer Creates RHS Chelsea Flower Show’s Centenary ‘Great Pavilion’
- De Boer provides New College Oxford with a temporary dining hall
- De Boer’s high-speed emergency response to Lytchett Minster's devastating fire
- De Boer team don decorated bras for marathon Moonwalk charity challenge