De Boer’s Delta is a winner on TV’s hit weight-loss show
2 February 2012
When programme-makers needed an unusual yet stunning structure to film overweight contestants battling the bulge in the latest series of The Biggest Loser, De Boer weighed in with the perfect solution.
Unique Delta System
The company’s unique Delta System structure with clear glass walls was constructed on site in just three days by a 12-strong team in the grounds of filming location Stanford Hall.
Measuring 20 metres by 25 metres, the Delta has been kitted out with a gym and is where the show’s contestants have their weekly weigh-in – with the person losing the least leaving the programme.
Filming for the show, hosted by Davina McCall and featuring 14 contestants battling to win £25,000 by losing the most weight, took place over three months last year.
Sheer hard work
The programme, which is currently airing on ITV1, follows the lives of the contestants who attempt to lose weight through just sheer hard work and sweat in exercise regimes devised by some of the UK’s toughest trainers – Richard Callender, Charlotte Ord and Rob Edmond.
De Boer Sales Manager David Tunnicliffe said: “It has worked out really well. The production company Shine TV was searching for an unusual structure and came across an image of De Boer’s Delta and loved it.
“The venue for the programme, Stanford Hall, is incredibly grand and owners were worried about on-site work putting up the Delta damaging their beautifully manicured lawns so we had to be very careful. We assured them we would protect the grounds and kept our promise, despite having to use a 100-tonne crane!”
Verity Sutton from Shine TV said: “In this series of The Biggest Loser we needed a large space for the 14 contestants to exercise simultaneously where we had enough space to film as well. De Boer offered a fantastic solution and the fact that the structure was temporary meant we had the flexibility to suit the location and our production time frames.”
- Minus 20 degrees - but the show must go on!
- All Aboard for the Railway Children
- New kit for Brackley Athletic Under 8s in memory of Mark Croxford
- De Boer expands team with the appointment of new Account Executive
- De Boer builds competitors' lounge at Invictus Games
- De Boer recreates Georgian luxury for Decorex International 2014
- De Boer returns to The Ryder Cup at Gleneagles
- De Boer returns to KLM Open
- De Boer primed and ready for its 22nd PSP Southampton Boat Show
- De Boer provides structure for temporary opera house
- De Boer builds UK's largest mosque
- De Boer collaborates with Rolls Royce, Getty Images and Wormsley Cricket Ground for photographic exhibition
- De Boer provides structures for Ladies European Masters
- De Boer provides structure for floral marquee at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer UK completes build of Keith Prowse’s Gatsby Club at The Championships, Wimbledon
- De Boer UK welcomes new commercial sales manager
- De Boer prepares to tee off at Gleneagles
- De Boer begins build on their 10th Farnborough International Airshow
- De Boer Great Pavilion at RHS Chelsea Flower Show Infographic