De Boer helps raise funds for Air Ambulance
26 August 2009Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance by donating use of a tented structure as the central hub of an off-road challenge.
WNAA was launched in October 2003 and serves around 1.2 million people across Warwickshire and Northamptonshire from its base at Coventry Airport. The Air Ambulance attends an average of 100 call-outs per month and is entirely funded by charitable donations. The annual running costs for this life-saving organisation are £1.5 million.
The off-road event is being held by Mud-Club – a group of 4x4 enthusiasts who have a number of events organised for the weekend of 28th and 29th August 2009 at Billing, just outside Northampton. The weekend will involve road-based treasure hunts and a variety of opportunities to test nerve, driver capabilities and vehicles on various off-road courses and challenges.
This is the second year that Mud-Club has supported WNAA as its charity for this event, with last year's efforts raising nearly £3,000 to help keep the medics in the air.
De Boer's involvement will provide an area that can be used for fundraising when the driving stops. Various activities including a raffle and quiz are planned to keep drivers, partners and children occupied – and giving – for the whole weekend.
Robert Alvarez, De Boer’s Sales Director – Commercial, commented: "The work of the Air Ambulance is so vital. It's one of those services that you never want to use, but you can't help but feel it deserves our full support."
Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance
Further information on Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance is available via www.wnaa.co.uk.
- De Boer supports Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala as Prince William takes centre stage
- De Boer delivers for 40th anniversary of leading oil industry exhibition
- De Boer hits a high note at The National Eisteddfod of Wales
- De Boer back in action as London celebrates Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games
- De Boer Structures tees off at top UK golf events
- De Boer zooms into the fast lane with a hot new Citroën at Goodwood Festival of Speed
- De Boer Structures hits all the right notes at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park
- De Boer hits a high note with stunning country house opera auditorium
- De Boer’s cool Floral Marquee blossoms at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer creates stunning venue for charity dinner headlined by Gary Barlow
- De Boer serves up an ace at Wimbledon with Detail’s new-look Gatsby Club
- De Boer Creates RHS Chelsea Flower Show’s Centenary ‘Great Pavilion’
- De Boer provides New College Oxford with a temporary dining hall
- De Boer’s high-speed emergency response to Lytchett Minster's devastating fire
- De Boer team don decorated bras for marathon Moonwalk charity challenge
- De Boer structures played a key role at London 2012 Olympics
- De Boer's salt barn saves Dudley Council thousands of pounds each year
- De Boer quickly builds temporary facility for Lytchett Minster School’s creative arts centre destroyed by fire
- New international role for De Boer UK Managing Director Peter Spruce