De Boer helps raise funds for Air Ambulance
26 August 2009Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance by donating use of a tented structure as the central hub of an off-road challenge.
WNAA was launched in October 2003 and serves around 1.2 million people across Warwickshire and Northamptonshire from its base at Coventry Airport. The Air Ambulance attends an average of 100 call-outs per month and is entirely funded by charitable donations. The annual running costs for this life-saving organisation are £1.5 million.
The off-road event is being held by Mud-Club – a group of 4x4 enthusiasts who have a number of events organised for the weekend of 28th and 29th August 2009 at Billing, just outside Northampton. The weekend will involve road-based treasure hunts and a variety of opportunities to test nerve, driver capabilities and vehicles on various off-road courses and challenges.
This is the second year that Mud-Club has supported WNAA as its charity for this event, with last year's efforts raising nearly £3,000 to help keep the medics in the air.
De Boer's involvement will provide an area that can be used for fundraising when the driving stops. Various activities including a raffle and quiz are planned to keep drivers, partners and children occupied – and giving – for the whole weekend.
Robert Alvarez, De Boer’s Sales Director – Commercial, commented: "The work of the Air Ambulance is so vital. It's one of those services that you never want to use, but you can't help but feel it deserves our full support."
Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance
Further information on Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance is available via www.wnaa.co.uk.
- De Boer returns to KLM Open
- De Boer primed and ready for its 22nd PSP Southampton Boat Show
- De Boer provides structure for temporary opera house
- De Boer builds UK's largest mosque
- De Boer collaborates with Rolls Royce, Getty Images and Wormsley Cricket Ground for photographic exhibition
- De Boer provides structures for Ladies European Masters
- De Boer provides structure for floral marquee at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- De Boer UK completes build of Keith Prowse’s Gatsby Club at The Championships, Wimbledon
- De Boer UK welcomes new commercial sales manager
- De Boer prepares to tee off at Gleneagles
- De Boer begins build on their 10th Farnborough International Airshow
- De Boer Great Pavilion at RHS Chelsea Flower Show Infographic
- De Boer goes pink for The MoonWalk London
- De Boer provides central structure for RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- De Boer claims 'Recycling On Ice' title
- De Boer supports Centrepoint’s Winter Whites Gala as Prince William takes centre stage